• Welcome Guest
Tiger Woods forum

• General
    • Hank Haney violated code
  • To: All
  • 3/21/12

sounds like someone who needs some pub.

do you think butch will say anything? absolutely, NOT!!!

• 3/21/12
  • kuki

TIGER YOU'VE GOOD FRIENDS LIKE RICK SMITH ON YOUR SIDE

THANKS FOR THE POST

• 3/21/12
Enjoy yourself at Bayview and remember to scream as loud as I did when Tiger comes to the First Tee. I wish I could be there.
  • 3/21/12
Sorry. I meant Bayhill.
  • 3/21/12
Excellent statement, Rick Smith.  Thank you for speaking out.  Tiger deserves the support.    Yanii
  • 3/22/12
Butch was pretty good to him on Feherty! 
  • 3/22/12

yes, exactly.

butch has nothing to gain and nothing to prove by speaking about haney. nothing against rick smith, i don't know the guy, but the best he can do is 'i used to coach phil'? really? are we next going to hear from jim mcclean, jimmy ballard, et al.? who cares!!! these guys are about the same thing, selling their services to the highest bidder. to say that rick smith is admirable for what he said, news flash, tiger is not going to pick up the phone and call you, rick smith, anytime soon.

• 3/22/12

Newsflash:

Rick would have said the same thing if it was Haney writing about another Golfer....the fact is 71, it breaks a rule that every coach has with their student and that is what Rick is implying and saying....

• 3/22/12
It is not about having anything to gain or to prove anything it is about having the guts to speak out against something that you feel is not right  regardless of the person involved.
  • 3/22/12
thanks for the article.

nice read!

:-)
  • 3/22/12
I don't really understand why anyone cares about this book one way or the other.  Maybe Eldrick if it says something ridiculous, but so far it's been about being a Navy SEAL, which really, is that something to be mad about, isn't that honourable?

Who gives a flying fig one way or the other?  Don't like it?  Don't read it.  I know I won't.
  • 3/22/12
good morning, LW
  • 3/22/12
smith may have said the same thing, but we would not have known or heard about it. the fact that it involves tiger makes it newsworthy. its not as high-sounding when you understand, we're giving smith more publicity by posting his statement here.

Edited 3/22/12   by  twitb71
  • 3/22/12

Thanks 27 for the Rick Smith posting.  Sounds like the Haney "project" is to create hype for "Best Seller" status.  He knows the only way to do this is to sensationalize the relationship by devulging controversial snippets from his book to intrigue the publics interest.  The so called "reporter" hounding TW about this is trying to get his 15 minutes of fame for a tabloid story.  Little does he know that he probably sealed his fate with any other interviewee in the future.  I for one will not be buying "Cry Baby" Haney's  book regardless of what it is priced at.  It just seems like certain people Haney & Williams resent the fact that their meal ticket has moved on and say nothing but desparaging comments after the fact. See www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2057888/Steve-Williams-racist-comment-Adam-Scott-refuses-sack-Tiger-Woods-ex-caddy.html on Williams.   Where would these two be financially if it weren't for TW and the global recognition they receive from that relationship.  This relationship should have been respected and move on.  I see that 71 is somewhat in approval of the "free speech" idealogy however when free speech trumps teacher - student / doctor - patient / lawyer - client et al privelage for sensatioalized fodder and personal gain then the career ending fallout should be warranted and therefore expected.  I am glad to see that TW is above all this and he is moving on.

• 3/22/12
yes, i believe 'free speech' should be protected, but to say i condone any and all types of 'free speech' would be wrong. i don't condone what haney wrote and i won't be buying the book. but that doesn't mean i feel the book shouldn't have been written. if haney wants to profit from a perceived 'confidential' relationship and is not prohibited legally to do so, that is his right. but just because it makes it his right, it doesn't mean then, he is compelled to do it.
  • 3/22/12
71, I understand and respect your view, This "perceived confidential relationship" as you state also carries the underlying "Perception is 9/10th of the Law" rule ;-) as a probable punishment when you knowingly and willingly choose to breach it.   I believe that Haney knows that it is wrong but he is choosing the payout from his publisher to do this.  I believe that Haney is all about the Benjamin's and damned the torpedos.  As in "Red October"  this rogue torpedo can come back and sink his ship.  I await the outcome.  Will it be a TW Masters Champion 2012 torpedo? LOL.
  • 3/22/12

the worst thing that could happen to haney is that the golf channel pulls his show. enough people have been watching it over the years to allow haney to make more, and i don't assume most of the audience is made up of diehard golf aficionados. i'm sure the intent of the network was to capitalize on the 'dancing with the stars' craze just as big break capitalized on the 'survivor' craze. the ultimate 'stars' of haney's show are the people haney teaches, or attempts to teach.

haney was already one step ahead of the game when he chose to write this book. so what if tiger wins the masters. tiger has won the masters before without haney, he may very well win another again without haney. i'm sure haney knows that. tiger's tell-all book about haney isn't coming down the pike anytime soon, either, and he's not going to spend time in court dragging haney through a defamation lawsuit. it would take too much time away from running the tiger machine.

• 3/22/12
  • kuki

SUMMER

THANKS

WE GO TO BAYHILL EVERY YEAR

IT'S A TRADITION

I'M GOING FRI, SAT, SUN AND MY FAMILY ONLY SUNDAY.   ALMOST THE WHOLE PLACE IS FOLOWING TIGER.

• 3/22/12
Agree completely.
  • 3/22/12
Have fun at Bay Hill Kuki. Can you hold up a sign that says KUKI so we can spot you???? Or you could hold up a sign that says HI TTF'S. We would know it was you---LOL.