• Welcome Guest
Tiger Woods forum

Message 17616.9 was deleted
  • To: All
  • 2/23/12
At any rate, I think it's time to bring in a putting coach... pronto.
  • 2/23/12

Pent 167,

I see what you are saying...but I think in Tiger's case...his blocked putts are not an issue of mental nerves because in the past, even during his prime days of golf, Tiger would block putts and would state so in post round interviews....If and when he did this he would simply say..time to go to the putting green to fix it..

so what's different- he has learned a new stroke...he learned a new stroke under Butch, Haney and struggled in the beginning with his putting..missed short putts etc., this stroke has taken more time due to not being healthy-plain and simple.  

The golf community only remembers the wins because he won with those putts(6 footers, 4 footers, 11 and so on).. but they don't remember that he lost with the same putts (six footers and so on).  He won 71 pga tournaments and has lost more than he won. ....Thats why tiger doesn't doubt his confidence because just as he remembers losing by missing (6 footers, 8 footers, etc.) he also remembers winning as well with the same distance..... 

I remember

• To: All
  • 2/23/12

Gee whiz, it is not the end of the world.    Tiger is on his way back to Florida because he did not play sufficiently to advance to the next round.  

Next week if his putting improves Tiger Woods could win the tournament.   If, he putts again poorly guess what, Tiger could miss the Cut.   :(  

It is what it is and watching Tiger Woods play golf is never dull!!!  

As for me, I will see you all next week at the Honda Classic.

I am going to be positive and know ---   I won't have to read any Trolls utterances for at least a week.     lol

• 2/23/12
Not reading trolls for another week...............BEST NEWS I'VE HEARD TODAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • 2/23/12
  • done
No doubt, there is no panic button, BUT the putter may want to wake up in the next 6 weeks....At least he's gonna play the next two weeks so that is awesome!!!
  • 2/23/12
and on greens he's more familiar with!