• Welcome Guest
Tiger Woods forum

• 4/4/12
I personally feel Billy Payne is better then Hootie Johnson in a view of who is more open to women rights. I only watch because of the golf, would I like to go and see the MASTERS yes I would. Will I probably ever - no, do I support the dark history - no, do I support change - yes.
  • 4/4/12
You are right Kloudy TW wouldn't be there, but I honestly think they have came to accept TW. I do wish the racism and sexism would stop at Augusta, only time will tell.
  • 4/4/12

The Par 3 Contest has been cancelled due to the weather.   Just goes to show, there is something the membership at the Augusta National Golf Club cannot control.          lol  

• 4/4/12
What are you talking about Hotshot??

You just said this a few minutes ago..

I hope it never does change, becoming a member and who can be one etc.

Now you say you support change?   You just said you hope it never changes??
  • 4/4/12
Let me put it in context I hope it doesn't change the Masters and what the tourament is like. I do support women rights and change lets not get thos confused.
  • 4/4/12
 You think they have come to accept TW?  That's why he got a dressing down 2 years ago.

Tiger Woods will NEVER be accepted at Augusta. 
  • To: All
  • 4/4/12

I watched Billy Porter Payne's news conference earlier this afternoon and got no surprises.   First, Billy is going to be autocratic and hide behind the concept of a private golf club.   

The issue of the practice of the lack of women members is not going away.    It makes no difference to  Augusta's members that a woman now holds the position of IBM's CEO.     She is not going to be admitted to the Augusta National Golf Club.   She will say nothing about the issue in public and if asked I am sure she can handle the question.    Although, she is not a member at Augusta, she is one of the titans of American business as IBM's CEO.  

One of the interesting things about Augusta is its membership.   It is a private club and its membership is secret.    However, one can easily guess some names.     Make a list of the most powerful men in business, the law, sports, government etc. and we all know them.    Pass me a Forbes magazine and I can guess them with ease.  :)     

When Martha Burk attempted to change the membership criteria at Augusta, the greatest revelation to me was that members' annual dues were paid by public corporations.    

At Billy's presser this afternoon I could not fail to notice that a reporter with a Scottish accent asked a question about the denial of women as members.    But, it was the last question that was the best whereas Billy came back at the reporter with a cute comment that he did not know the reporter's daugther.   I thought to myself, how truly lucky is the reporter's daughter that she doesn't know Billy Porter Payne.    Hopefully, her luck will hold true in the future too.        ha ha ha      :)

• 4/4/12
Vonames, I noticed that Scottish accent as well. I get the feeling that reporters press privileges might  be withdrawn. 
  • 4/4/12

Nice article about how many Tiger supporters are there

www.cnn.com/2012/04/04/us/tiger-woods-masters-preview/index.html

• 4/4/12
Kloudy. The PGA don't hold the Masters at Augusta.
  • 4/4/12
@"WOW!!!!!  I AM PROUD OF YOU!!!!!  DID YOU TAKE A TRANQUILIZER TODAY?????   LOL"

LOL Wish I had a hand full about now. But I think it is this D___ head cold I woke up with.

A few more meds I may have to re-enter the hunt. 

LOL

• 4/4/12

Lightning at Augusta National. Clearly Mother Nature is pissed she can't get a membership here.

• 4/4/12

Currently, the golf channel is playing once again its golf classic show of Tiger's 1997 Masters win.

Don't forget to checkout Frank Nobilo's high score.      lol 

• 4/4/12

I've been reading.....haven't been commenting......but will say one thing:  The powers to be who select the majors locations have chosen Augusta since 1934.  Augusta is a private club. Their membership is by invite.  The membership votes on who to accept.  There is absolutely nothing any of us can do about it.  When they decide to accept women as members they will.  Minorities are members.  But since the membership list is kept secret we'll never know how many or their ethnic or racial background.  Tiger Woods is not the only minority to play in the Masters.  VJ Singh is a past champion too.  And when you think about it, minorities are not well represented on any of the tours.....something the PGA Tour is working on but it needs to begin at the grassroots.  Golf is an expensive sport.....shoting hoops or batting balls is much cheaper!!

Perhaps the PGA, and European tours need to have a chat about the Masters, how the club's policies regarding membership do not reflect current vogue in our diverse world.  Yes, it is a wonderful venue; however, there are many, many other courses that give the same challenge to the world's top players. 

Quite frankly.....this gray haired, female retiree has absolutely no desire to find a member of Augusta to extend their invitation to me for membership :-)))  But I'll watch the tournament and surely cheer Tiger on to the green jacket presentation!!!! 

• 4/4/12
Villages, I hear what you are saying.

The Masters is in reality a self appointed major.  They are not ruled by the PGA in any shape or form.  The only rules they abide by are the rules of golf.

In this day and age the PGA  would never sanction a tournament being run by such sexists and racists.

The Masters is in many ways an anomaly. 

• 4/4/12

True......however, it is sanctioned by the tours as evidenced for Fed Ex Cup points as well as OWGR points.  If the tours pulled those sanctions.....the Masters would become just a ho-hum nice place to play, lots of history, but players would turn their heads and play where the points are..... 

Substitute the Masters with the Players :-)

Edited 4/4/12   by  villagesgolfer
  • 4/4/12
Villages. I agree it is recognized my the various tours. 

The bottom line is a draconian committee of right wing neo fascists run Augusta. They are racist and sexist.  An old boys club that is still stuck in a bygone age.

They will eventually change. It's a question of time.
  • 4/4/12
Villages.

It's certainly time to change the format of the majors. The USA hosting 3 out of 4  is ridiculous in this day and age. The game is global.  One of the US majors should go global IMO.

The PGA or The Masters should go.
  • 4/4/12

Sounds like a good option!  Hasn't the European Tour suggested that previously???  Golf is a global sport and would be nice to have more than the Open and WGC's played around the world.  Especially as we prepare for golf in the olympics.  Might be a great way to grow the game!!

• 4/4/12
 Should have the US and UK Opens and have two other majors that go global. 3 majors in the US is NUTZ.