• Welcome Guest
Tiger Woods forum

• General
    • Right on schedule 2nd excerpt from Haney book released
  • 3/21/12
Spot on KD......actually surprised that Jamie Diaz would agree to do this!  It had to be for one reason and one reason only....$$$$$$$!  Personally, I think it will backfire on both of them.  Haney can't get a pro to coach and it remains to be seen what respect Diaz loses out of this.  It has already been advertised that Walmart will be selling it for $4.99.......that's how Palin's book became a best seller.  After a week of her book hitting the shelves at the large bookstores, it was already in Walmart.  I never bought it and won't buy Haney's.......he already has been on video stating he new nothing of Tiger's activities, now he speculates.  What in this book are we to believe.  Heck, Tiger would leave his door unlocked when Haney was coming in for a training session and had a room of his own.  He coached Rush for goodness sakes and he's terrified to ask Tiger for a popsicle.  He certainly wasn't shy saying it like it is on his show, in fact, I found him to be quite cold and harsh to these weekend hackers, almost rude.  I don't buy him and won't buy his book, I don't know which Haney to believe. 
  • 3/21/12
I can't believe you're overlooking the obvious. The x-rated movie incident either happened or it didn't. If it did happen as Haney portrays, it makes Tiger look like an immature jerk. If it didn't happen, Zach could help Tiger look better by setting the record straight. I guess you don't understand that, huh?
  • 3/21/12
an immature jerk, or just boys being boys? sounds like you have a vendetta against tiger. all i'm saying is why would zach johnson drag his name through the mud for a person who doesn't need defending?
  • 3/21/12
If the incident as portrayed by Haney is accurate, I would think that Tiger does need defending. It makes him look like an immature jerk. You may choose to spin it as "boys being boys", but most reasonable people wouldn't buy that. You're entitled to your opinion, of course, but wouldn't you want to try to clear Tiger''s name?
Like I said, you're free to spin this any way you want, but it doesn't paint a flattering picture of Tiger.
I definitely have no vendetta against Tiger. I'm just seeing virtually everybody here bashing Haney's book as having no credibility whatsoever, but I'm not sure that's the case. If someone is going to bash the accuracy of something, I'd just like to see evidence that supports their stance.
  • 3/21/12
Matters not what anyone says. Evidently you are going to find fault with it.

IMO
  • To: All
  • 3/21/12
Tim Tebow is a devout Christian too. He is going to play for a foul mouth coach with the Jets. If the coach uses foul language in front of Tebow is the coach immature too?
  • 3/21/12

shenlee....Keith Olbeirman actually did sports years ago and he wouldn't be afraid to expose all the OTHER self-righteous pros or commentators out there now and would recognize that this is nothing more than the white boys club going after the greatest golfer ever because the truth of the matter is, Tiger is the only golfer in our life time that has a chance to break a record that has stood for how long now!? 

STAT:  5 PGA wins over the course of most pros careers.

FACT:  On average the UNDER 30 year old pros play 30-40 events per year, Tiger has averaged 17 events per year his entire career!  WOW!

That pretty much sums in up.

• 3/21/12
ROTFLMBO!!!
  • 3/21/12

Yea, and word is that Walmart is already set to sell the book too at $4.99........bet they set them up right next to the popsicle aisle!

• 3/21/12
You may think this is humorous, but there are legitimate issues being discussed here. If you can't see that, then why get involved? Grow up.
  • 3/21/12
I said it is funny ??

:-) Cheers

Edited 3/21/12   by  Paul_Sr
Message 17974.246 was deleted
  • 3/21/12
Maybe U 2 can change your name to argue

LOL
  • 3/21/12
the only reputation tiger has that's worth saving is the one on the golf course, that says he is arguably the best player ever with the most wins and/or majors ever. unfortunately, tiger tarnished his own off-course reputation, and no amount of defending from a devout Christian is going to save it. only tiger can save it himself. he could've saved himself the aggravation of a hank haney expose by conducting himself toward haney in a more positive manner, by having more respect for him personally and professionally. in saying that, does that justify haney writing a book about tiger in such a negative way? absolutely not. but it could've been avoided.
  • 3/21/12
the league marginalized tebow by sending manning to the broncos. tebow will most likely not play a down with the jets, and at best, be a journeyman quarterback.
Message 17974.250 was deleted
  • 3/21/12
ABSOLUTELY! The stats don't lie.

Edited 3/21/12   by  shenlee1
  • 3/21/12

Re: Your post of Walmart/book $4.99/next to popsicles.

This is priceless!! LOVE IT.

Edited 3/21/12   by  shenlee1
  • 3/22/12

Zach, we're waiting.....

First of all Zach is a man...he can stand up to Tiger on his own.  As a Christian myself, I have only 1 judge regarding my behavior!  That's the problem with the US, from our politics to golf, it is not ours to judge.  If you think Zach hasn't been exposed to some issues just as bad during his career from other players, you're looking through rose colored glasses. 

By you asking Zach, we're waiting......what purpose would that serve but to perpetuate this continued fileting of Tiger's PRIVATE life, just as Haney has done?  Funny thing is, on video, Haney and Williams both stated they knew nothing of many things Tiger, video doesn't lie.  So, we have Haney expressing his thoughts describing that the book was about Golf with Tiger - LIE. We have Haney surmising that the texts were from his misstresses - again, not about golf.  What would make me believe Haney's assertions in any portion of this book?  UGH....I did happen to watch two of his shows with Limbaugh, he's TERRIFIED to ask Tiger for a popsicle when Tiger leaves his door unlocked (excerpt from Haney's book) when Haney flies in for a coaching session and Tiger provides Haney his own room in his house for him. 

The last episode of the Haney Project with Limbaugh was no lesson, as I watched it, like I think I have stated to you before, Hank was more into his very young wife, what happened to his first marriage?  None of my business!  Seems his self esteem is in question. Haney has never had a problem telling his students, even Limbaugh, straight up, that stinks or ordering them around with conviction.  Doesn't show too much fear for me, especially from his time with Limbaugh who wasn't afraid to tell Haney or the viewers that he was more intelligent than most everyone.

Finally, what is Haney trying to accomplish by opening sale on this book the week before the Masters, I think we all know the answer to that.  BTW, there was reporting on MD a couple of weeks ago that the lead officer for the Seals, never had Tiger train with them, totally denied by the military.

Let the man play GOLF!  There is no resentment of Haney, just disappointment that he lied about the content of the book and given that content releasing it one week before the Masters.  I guess since his door isn't being knocked down with offers from other pros he is going to squeeze every penny he can get out of his coaching years with the best.  Truth or not.

• 3/22/12
Maybe U 2 can change your name to argue

? I don't get it