• Welcome Guest
Tiger Woods forum

• General
    • Right on schedule 2nd excerpt from Haney book released
  • 3/21/12
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
  • To: All
  • 3/21/12

DK,

I SO AGREE WITH YOU. I HAVE NO RESPECT FOR ANYONE WHO TELLS A TELL-ALL BOOK LIKE THIS. THEY ARE ONLY TELLING WHAT KIND OF PERSON LIVES IN THEIR HEART. JUST THINK IF SOMEONE WHOM YOU CONSIDERED TO BE A FRIEND DECIDED TO TURN AGAINST YOU(ALL MEMBERS OF THE FORUM). IT HAS HAPPENED IN THE REAL WORLD. IT IS VERY DISAPPOINTING, BUT WORSE YOU EXPECT OTHER FRIENDS TO KNOW YOU WELL ENOUGH TO KNOW IT IS NOT TRUE, AND IF THEY DON'T THAT REALLY HURTS. TIGER SEEMS TO BE WAITING TO SEE WHO ARE HIS REAL FRIENDS. HE SHOULD NOT EVER ANSWER ANY QUESTIONS ABOUT WHAT HH DID. HE IS A BITTER OLD MAN ( AND I DON'T KNOW HIS AGE).

AS TIGER SAYS WINNING TAKES CARE OF EVERYTHING AND I LOVE WHAT I AM SEEING FROM HIS SWING.

NANA JOY

• 3/21/12

Golf coach: Hank Haney violated code

Updated: March 21, 2012, 5:26 PM ET
By Farrell Evans | ESPN.com senior golf writer

ORLANDO -- Rick Smith, a long-time swing instructor on the PGA Tour and former teacher to Phil Mickelson and other notable players, including Rocco Mediate and Lee Janzen, spoke out on Wednesday at the Arnold Palmer Invitational about Hank Haney's forthcoming book, "The Big Miss," about the teacher's six years as Tiger Woods' swing coach.

"I would rather be broke and not have a penny to my name before I violate the code of player-teacher confidentiality," Smith said. "In 27 years out here, I've never done that. I'm personally upset with Hank because he's broken and violated our code of ethics. If you have the opportunity and you're privileged to conversations, you will not and should not share anything from them with anyone. I don't care who it is.

"For all the guys who have committed their lives to teaching, this should be very upsetting and I know that I'm not the only one that feels this way. What Hank did is against the rules."

Smith, who stopped coaching Mickelson after the 2006 U.S. Open at Winged Foot, still retains a close personal and business relationship with the four-time major champion. For years, Smith says, he and Mickelson would not discuss with anyone what they were working on. Smith would get permission from Mickelson and other players to answer media questions.

"Your relationship with these players is for a lifetime. All the guys that I have worked with are still my dearest friends," Smith said. "Obviously, Hank was convinced that it was great that everybody knew about his work with Tiger and that it was substantial financially for him to write this book. But you can't put a dollar value on something that is an ethical violation."

Smith said Haney should "s*ck up" any ill feelings that he might have toward Woods after their working relationship ended in 2010, and be "grateful" and "appreciative" for the chance to work with one of the greatest players of all time.

"The Big Miss: My Years Coaching Tiger Woods" will be released March 27.

• 3/21/12
It's refreshing reading about someone who is speaking up about this.
  • 3/21/12
Spot on DK!!!
  • 3/21/12
Twit, Zach Johnson has done nothing wrong. My only point in bringing him into this discussion is that, as a devout Christian, we could completely trust anything he might have to say on this issue. From Tiger's side of things, Zach could help debunk Haney's portayal of the adult movie episode if it actually didn't happen. By all accounts, he's always been friendly with Tiger, so should have no problem setting the record straight if indeed that was warranted.
You state that this incident "was Tiger's and Haney's deal", but that's not the case. If Haney's version is accurate, Tiger, knowing Zach's religious background, was purposely trying to embarrass him by putting the adult movie channel on in their hotel room. If that's the case, it doesn't say much for Tiger.
  • 3/21/12

Ian Poulter's response:

The relationship between the pair has been soured by the latest remarkable extract from Hank Haney’s book, The Big Miss, which claims that Woods disliked Poulter and accused him of trying to hitch a ride aboard his private jet. In a text to Haney, he wrote: “Can you believe this d--- mooched a ride on my plane?”

Poulter did not dispute the truth of the story on Wednesday but said: “I’ve no interest in it. It’s nothing to do with me.”

To the people who keep bringing up Zach Johnson and the x rated movies, if Zach is not stressing over it then why are you?

• 3/21/12

Good debate Pen.....but my point again about Every is not about Every.....it is about the lack of coverage of a criminal activity and Faldo being more worried about this kid getting a good publicist instead of worrying about the stain it would put on the "Gentlemen's game" of golf.  And I honestly believe that if TGC set the bar and made Tiger a non-issue after it ran it's natural course, all of the other Gossip channels would have too.  I'm not going to disagree, that because of the depth of the issue the news cycle even at TGC would have gone on longer than just 3 news cycles given Tiger's standing in the world of golf but to beat a dead horse over 2 years, it became complete saturation.

You know, it's actually comical, the woman that was represented by Gloria Allred, somehow, that dropped off the map.....you know the one with the red wig and was supposed to be the p orn star, within a week of her no longer being on all the channels wiping her tears, I actually saw her on TMZ doing a photo shoot that was very provocative, VERY provacative.......totally blowing her tearful story out of the water.  Actually, it was quite sickening to me seeing what she was doing, scanttily clad, straddling a fire hose in some pretty risque clothing and obviously happy to be working in her profession again.  Anyway, we agree on some issues and agree to disagree on others. 

• 3/21/12

all i'm saying it that most people are not waiting with baited breath to hear what zach johnson has to say, about the incident or anything else about haney. if it were phil in that situation, for example, it would be a much different story.

• 3/21/12
Re the Zach Johnson and the x-rated movie episode, who's stressing over it? Not me! Hank Haney is being hammered left and right over the accuracy of many of the incidents portrayed in his soon to be released book. In the case of this particular incident, Haney involves by name a third party (Johnson). Why would he do that if the incident, as he relates it in the book, did not happen?
Zach is a devout Christian. If Haney had misrepresented what happened in that hotel room in 2006, don't you think Johnson would have set the record straight? His silence on the issue is deafening, to say the least.
  • 3/21/12
pen has every right to speak about zach johnson and his feelings about the incident, and everyone else has the right to either agree or disagree with him. obviously pen feels johnson is a 'person of interest', otherwise he wouldn't be speaking so passionately about the situation. i just happen to feel johnson is not a newsworthy enough person to speak to the issue. it would do him or no one else any good.
  • 3/21/12
Spot on KD......actually surprised that Jamie Diaz would agree to do this!  It had to be for one reason and one reason only....$$$$$$$!  Personally, I think it will backfire on both of them.  Haney can't get a pro to coach and it remains to be seen what respect Diaz loses out of this.  It has already been advertised that Walmart will be selling it for $4.99.......that's how Palin's book became a best seller.  After a week of her book hitting the shelves at the large bookstores, it was already in Walmart.  I never bought it and won't buy Haney's.......he already has been on video stating he new nothing of Tiger's activities, now he speculates.  What in this book are we to believe.  Heck, Tiger would leave his door unlocked when Haney was coming in for a training session and had a room of his own.  He coached Rush for goodness sakes and he's terrified to ask Tiger for a popsicle.  He certainly wasn't shy saying it like it is on his show, in fact, I found him to be quite cold and harsh to these weekend hackers, almost rude.  I don't buy him and won't buy his book, I don't know which Haney to believe. 
  • 3/21/12
I can't believe you're overlooking the obvious. The x-rated movie incident either happened or it didn't. If it did happen as Haney portrays, it makes Tiger look like an immature jerk. If it didn't happen, Zach could help Tiger look better by setting the record straight. I guess you don't understand that, huh?
  • 3/21/12
an immature jerk, or just boys being boys? sounds like you have a vendetta against tiger. all i'm saying is why would zach johnson drag his name through the mud for a person who doesn't need defending?
  • 3/21/12
If the incident as portrayed by Haney is accurate, I would think that Tiger does need defending. It makes him look like an immature jerk. You may choose to spin it as "boys being boys", but most reasonable people wouldn't buy that. You're entitled to your opinion, of course, but wouldn't you want to try to clear Tiger''s name?
Like I said, you're free to spin this any way you want, but it doesn't paint a flattering picture of Tiger.
I definitely have no vendetta against Tiger. I'm just seeing virtually everybody here bashing Haney's book as having no credibility whatsoever, but I'm not sure that's the case. If someone is going to bash the accuracy of something, I'd just like to see evidence that supports their stance.
  • 3/21/12
Matters not what anyone says. Evidently you are going to find fault with it.

IMO
  • 3/21/12
Tim Tebow is a devout Christian too. He is going to play for a foul mouth coach with the Jets. If the coach uses foul language in front of Tebow is the coach immature too?
  • 3/21/12

shenlee....Keith Olbeirman actually did sports years ago and he wouldn't be afraid to expose all the OTHER self-righteous pros or commentators out there now and would recognize that this is nothing more than the white boys club going after the greatest golfer ever because the truth of the matter is, Tiger is the only golfer in our life time that has a chance to break a record that has stood for how long now!? 

STAT:  5 PGA wins over the course of most pros careers.

FACT:  On average the UNDER 30 year old pros play 30-40 events per year, Tiger has averaged 17 events per year his entire career!  WOW!

That pretty much sums in up.

• 3/21/12
ROTFLMBO!!!
  • 3/21/12

Yea, and word is that Walmart is already set to sell the book too at $4.99........bet they set them up right next to the popsicle aisle!