• Welcome Guest
Tiger Woods forum

• General
    • Tiger, Wow !!!!!!!!!!!!
Message 17739.21 was deleted
  • To: All
  • 3/2/12

By Brian Wacker, PGATOUR.COM

PALM BEACH GARDENS, Fla. — On a day when Tiger Woods was at one point in danger of missing the cut, he salvaged an up-and-down round with back-to-birdies on his final two holes to shoot a 2-under 68.

“It was a grind,” said Woods, who will enter the weekend 1 under for the tournament. “I got it going, lost it, got it going, lost it and got it going.

“I didn’t have it, but I scored and that’s something I can take out of it.”

On a relatively benign morning at PGA National, Woods struggled early to find any rhythm. Starting on the back nine, Woods parred his first three holes before going birdie-bogey over the next two. He added another birdie on the par-4 16th but missed a birdie opportunity from just outside 7 feet on the par-5 18th.

For the week, Woods has yet to make a birdie on either of the par-5s at PGA National and Friday he hit just eight fairways and 10 greens in regulation.

Things took a turn for the worse for Woods on the par-3 fifth, where Woods pulled his tee shot left and into the water before making double-bogey to fall outside the cut.

On his final two holes, however, Woods hit it to 6 feet and 11 feet, respectively, and did something he’s struggled to do all week: Make putts when he’s needed them.

“I didn’t swing the club worth a darn all day,” Woods said. “But I figured something out the last four holes after my tee shot on No. 6.

“I putted much better and got the putts to the hole and that was one of the goals.”

Part of that stemmed from the nearly 40 minutes Woods spent working on his posture while putting with coach Sean Foley following his opening round.

“It’s certainly a lot less stressful if you’re striping it all day,” Woods continued. “But when you’re not feeling good on shots you have to manage a score.”

Filed under:
  • 3/2/12

Thanks, upt...Yesterday, better scores came earlier, in general.  Hope the wind will p/u later like it did yesterday  (that's only fair, right?)

Definitely an encouraging day putt-wise  -  10 fewer putts!

• 3/2/12
bugcurl,

u  know it's only fair.   :-)

and thanks for the stat on the putts.

yeah.  today was a much  better day!!

GO TIGER!!

• 3/2/12
Oh my goodness, does Charlie ever look like his Daddy!   Except for the lovely black curls Tiger had at 3, it could be the same child!
  • 3/2/12

That is a cute baby!!!

He does look like Tiger doesn't he? :)))

• 3/2/12
What a gorgeous little boy -- so glad he got to watch Daddy play!!!!  In Tiger's presser he said when he practices at home Charlie like to hit the golf ball but Sam just picks the flowers!
  • 3/2/12
catwalk,

thank you so much.  i read Aztec Gold's post that Charlie was there

with his grandmother, Tida.   and i so wanted to see how he would

respond to watching his daddy play golf.    and this pic fits the bill.

he is a cute little guy and he is looking very intently at his dad as he

is playing golf.   he is focused and i believe he is taking in

everything Tiger does on the golf course.   :-)

He is so cute.   and  Sam is too.   though she is not there in the

pic,  i love to hear Tiger talk about how she picks flowers, etc.

when he and Charlie are playing golf on the golf course.   :-)

thanks so much.   much appreciated !!!

:-)

Edited 3/2/12   by  underpartoday
  • 3/2/12
Thanks, Paul.

Edited 3/2/12   by  bugcurl
  • 3/3/12

my plesure UPT!

You are right: he is watching very focused: those eye's: just like his dad....

• 3/3/12
:-)
  • 3/3/12
Yep, Charlie sure got the Tiger Woods Stare. Let's hope he has the tenacity, too, in whatever career he chooses. I figure Tiger would prefer golf, but you never know.