• Welcome Guest
Tiger Woods forum

• General
    • Right on schedule 2nd excerpt from Haney book released
  • 3/16/12
I know Tiger said he would not comment on the book anymore, but it would be funny if he sent out a funny tweet about his ex-swing coach analyzing why he did not receive a popsicle.
  • To: All
  • 3/17/12
This could be golden if he handled it properly but, Marky Mark will issue a statement or something and set off another fire storm.
  • 3/17/12
What would be so awesome is if Tiger goes to his interview next week and walks in, sits down and starts eating a Popsicle!! And then later on the range him and Foley are both standing there eating Popsicles. Tiger could just be like no I don't know what's in the book as he's eating the Popsicle!! lol. I know he would never so this but it would be hilarious.
  • 3/17/12
i hear they're serving arnold palmer popsicles at bay hill to the patrons...half ice-tea, half lemonade. you can get a john daly popsicle for five bucks extra, and a valid id.
  • 3/17/12
Then the media dubs it popsicle gate and it goes on and on.
  • 3/17/12
what does an anti-obama ad have to do with this thread?
  • 3/17/12
Huh?
  • 3/17/12
He should send Haney a case of popsicles with a big red bow.
  • 3/17/12
john? missed the cut.
  • 3/17/12
lol. Well there you go. Endless Popsicles for everyone.
  • 3/17/12
Yes I know. I was joking. I understand he would never do that but the media hates him anyway. Might as well make it interesting.
  • 3/17/12
at least until the money runs out...
  • 3/17/12
The link is to Jan & Dean - Popsicle Truck
  • 3/17/12
i know, i know, but when i cued it up, it started with an anti-obama ad...
  • 3/17/12
Yeah but maybe Tiger will buy some for everyone. Oh wait that's right he's a Popsicle hoarder. lol.
  • 3/17/12

ok, no problem....can't control that.

• 3/17/12

There's more, Hank is a real bi-otch for this,

One subject readers are probably eager to read about in Hank Haney’s new book about his time as Tiger Woods’s swing coach is Woods’s relationships with other golfers.

Haney, whose book “The Big Miss” comes out March 27, puts readers inside the clubhouse in this regard. Very early in the book — on Page 5, in fact — Haney dissects Woods’s relationship with Phil Mickelson, calling it chilly. That is not news to golf fans, but Haney goes further.

“Most of it is that Mickelson possesses the kind of talent that has made him a legitimate threat to Tiger’s supremacy. Phil’s popularity with fans and gentle treatment from the media add to Tiger’s annoyance. For years, Tiger reveled in the idea that Mickelson had trouble playing in his presence. But Phil adjusted, and in recent years he’s outplayed Tiger down the stretch in several tournaments. His increased confidence against Tiger, along with the positive energy of the gallery, has flipped the psychological advantage in their matchup in his favor.”

Later, Haney writes about the relationship at length, saying that Woods would smile in agreement when any of his friends called Mickelson a phony. He added, “I have no doubt Tiger felt racial vibes in what he read and heard on and off the course, especially when he was matched up against Phil.”

While careful to note that he did not think Woods actually disliked Mickelson, Haney says, “Phil is a really verbal, high-energy guy who, for Tiger’s taste, is too opinionated, is too much of a know-it-all, and just revs too fast.”

Haney says Woods tended to like quiet, modest players like Jim Furyk, Steve Stricker, or droll veterans like Fred Couples and Jay Haas. But Woods was averse to loud and cocky players. He doesn’t like Ian Poulter in particular. Haney recounts an incident in which Woods got angry when Poulter “mooched a ride” on his plane back home to Orlando, Fla. Haney listed Sergio García and Vijay Singh as other players to receive Woods’s cold shoulder.

Woods took note of slights in the news media, using Rory Sabbatini’s quote in 2007 that Woods was “as beatable as ever” as motivation. Haney also describes how Woods turned on Ben Curtis, with whom Woods had practiced, during Woods’s comeback in 2010.

After Curtis said that Woods appeared nervous and rusty, Woods told Haney, “I’ll never play with that guy again.
  • 3/17/12

It will be interesting to see how the golf channel handles this, given haney has a show on the network, and he's writing this stuff about a current player on tour. I think it's clear that Tiger is being cast in the worst possible light with these excerpts.

• 3/17/12
When they showed Tiger and Phil together on the range, I think at the Honda, it looked anything but cool / cold.
They seemed to be really good friends at the time. More so than Tiger and Butch on the range.
After the Hydrant thing Phil said something like, " I hope they work things out,  Amy and I are friends of Tiger and Elin. We are hoping for the best."
Just that makes Hank Hiney a fraud. He is already a fraud after saying the book was about golf.

Edited 3/17/12   by  Paul_Sr