• Welcome Guest
Tiger Woods forum

• General
    • Olympic is a tough course, but
  • To: All
  • 6/10/12
I realize that we wont have a lot of players shooting -4 or better on any rounds, but the guys at espn are treating this like it's the toughest course ever. a 670 yard par 5 is absurd, but with 3 good shots, youve got a birdie putt coming up. i think it is a course suited for tiger. putting all my money on tiger.
  • 6/10/12
It won't play like Congressional last year, that's for sure!!  Olympic will require accuracy off the tee, good course management and patience.  We know Tiger packs all that in his back pocket :-)) 
  • 6/11/12
yeah, i think more than him just running away with it, what will happen is he'll stay consistent, and all the other players will fall. i think thats why he wins.
  • 6/11/12

We all know that Tiger is one smart golfer, so this week I expect him to play for PAR.  

Do you know how the players will get from the 7th hole to the 8th one?

• 6/11/12

LOL.....walk......from the 7th green to the 8th tee :-)))

• 6/11/12

Villagesgolfer: 

My inquiry about the 7th and 8th holes is not meant as a joke.  I am looking at the 2 page layout of the Lake Course w/in the  June 11, 2012 paper issue of GolfWorld.   That layout shows a problem going from the 7th to 8th hole.   Unless, GolfWorld's layout of the Lake Course is outdated, there could be a problem.  I am only reporting as I examine the layout .  Does anyone else have this issue of GolfWorld available?

Message 18999.7 was deleted
  • 6/11/12

I have not seen a paper layout......only on the web...... doesn't appear there to me anything truly out of the ordinary.  The course superintendent was just interviewed on GC and he indicated the 8th hole has been moved and lengthened.  So perhaps the paper layout is outdated, or like all course layout diagrams it's not to true scale which makes it difficult to judge......

• 6/11/12

Okay, once again I hear your voice of reason.    You are probably right when you state the 8th hole had been moved etc.  Where on the web did you see an aerial layout of the Lake Course?

• 6/11/12

Oh my.......testing my memory today :-)))  I googled "US Open" and after peeking at several sites, found one that showed a diagram..... sorry I can't be more helpful!

• 6/11/12

Well at least you responded to my concerns about the 7th & 8th holes.  It gives me something to watch  for on Thursday, that is,  if Comcast cable is back on.      ha ha ha

Message 18999.12 was deleted
  • 6/11/12

All of the so-called experts are saying that a score of even par this week has a good chance to win. Having played this course a couple of times, I'm thinking they're probably right. Having said that, I took a look at what's being predicted as Tiger's score on the "US Open Contest" thread started by DK, and I'm blown away by what some here are thinking. Do you think these folks have been drinking the Kool-Aid based on what they're predicting? See below:

Doug93 is saying Tiger will shoot 268, which is 12 under par
cjanef is saying Tiger will shoot 269, which is 11 under par
Paul is saying Tiger will shoot 270, which is 10 under par

I can't wait to see who's going to be right.

• 6/11/12
They are allowed to select whatever numbers they choose....why do you always have to hammer at people and be critical of them.? You put down what you think he's going to do and everybody else gets to make their own selections.  It isn't necessary to continually make disparaging remarks about other posters....
Message 18999.15 was deleted
  • 6/12/12
Of course they can select whatever numbers they choose, even if those numbers are ridiculous. Your prediction for Tiger's score was 275, which is 5 under par, and that's within the realm of possibility. Clearly you gave it some thought, and came up with a reasonable number. The three I singled out (now joined by EYE, who's now also predicting that Tiger will shoot 12 under par) don't seem to have taken into consideration how difficult the course is expected to play this week. Yes, I know that anything is possible. And I also know that Tiger Woods is a great player. And we'll see how things play out.
In my opinion, however, anyone who's predicting that Tiger...or Phil...or Rory...or Westwood...or whoever...will be double digits under par this week is simply not thinking rationally. Thinking wishfully, yes...rationally, not so much. Let's watch and see what happens.
  • 6/12/12

Okay, while I agree with your premise and would myself pick something around par, why do you find it necessary to call out people who like to dream big?   If they are so far off base, it only gives you a larger opportunity to win the contest.   So hush up and enjoy.

Edited 6/12/12   by  DOnnaKay
  • 6/12/12
You're right. They're entitled to dream big. It just seemed silly. I'll shut up.