• Welcome Guest
Tiger Woods forum

• To: All
  • 4/22/12

Jon Bon Jovi and Tiger Woods team for their third Tiger Jam concert together

By Josh Bell

Mandalay Bay 7:30 p.m. doors, April 28, $40-$150 plus tax and fee. 800.745.3000 Ticketmaster

Golfer Tiger Woods probably didn’t realize he was launching a Las Vegas institution when he hosted the very first Tiger Jam concert in 1998, and that’s only partly because that concert took place in Los Angeles. But the annual charity benefit, which moved to Vegas in its second year, has become one of the most high-profile celebrity and entertainment events of the year, alongside other big-time charity concerts hosted by the likes of Justin Timberlake and fellow sports star Andre Agassi. Usually anchored by one headlining act, Tiger Jam shows are complete concert experiences. Woods hosts, and the proceeds go to a number of charities (including his own Tiger Woods Foundation), but this isn’t some stuffy awards show-style affair. The Jam is a real jam, with an arena full of fans rocking out to the headlining act.

This year that act is Jon Bon Jovi, who has played Tiger Jam twice before with his band Bon Jovi, in 2003 and 2007. That makes him the event’s most frequently featured performer, and it’s not hard to see why. A music show looking to raise money by selling the most tickets possible needs to book an act with broad, long-lasting appeal, and that’s exactly what Bon Jovi has. His band has been going strong since 1983, racking up hits in the ’80s (“You Give Love a Bad Name,” “Livin’ on a Prayer,” “Wanted Dead or Alive”), the ’90s (“Always,” “Bed of Roses”), the ’00s (“It’s My Life,” “Who Says You Can’t Go Home”) and even the ’10s, thanks to 2010 single “What Do You Got?,” from the band’s Greatest Hits compilation, which made it to the top 10 on Billboard’s adult contemporary chart.

On his own, Jon Bon Jovi has released two solo albums, with one massive hit single, 1990’s “Blaze of Glory.” He’s likely to play a whole lot of Bon Jovi songs, and since the evening is billed as “Jon Bon Jovi and Friends,” there’s a good chance of hearing some cover songs that may just include the original artists performing along with him. One other artist definitely scheduled for the show is American Idol season seven winner David Cook, who opens the show with his own brand of hard-driving, radio-friendly rock. Cook is a big-voiced mainstream rocker very much in the tradition of Jon Bon Jovi, and he even performed Bon Jovi’s “Livin’ on a Prayer” as his Idol audition song, so he should fit the bill perfectly.

The night is sure to rock, and, more importantly, benefits the Tiger Woods Foundation, which promotes college access for underserved youth, through programs including learning centers in Southern California and Washington, D.C., and a scholarship named after Woods’ father Earl. Jon Bon Jovi has teamed with Woods before to benefit his own charity, the Jon Bon Jovi Soul Foundation, which targets poverty and homelessness. These two guys understand the importance of making a difference and giving back, and they also know how great that can be when it goes along with a night of spectacular entertainment

• 4/22/12
Thanks for the notes about this year's Tiger Jam. I really appreciated the positive tone and words in the article. It is things like this that will restore Tiger's positive image. 
  • 4/22/12
Granny you and I should go!
I have been to Vegas one time... I would like to go again. I will get the concert tickets if you take care of the air fare! LOL
  • 4/22/12
Sounds like an interesting suggestion. Too bad my rich uncle is in the poor house. You ladies would be great company, too.
  • 4/22/12
my daughter has a time share.  LOL we could stay for free.
  • 4/22/12
Now if we could get someone to come up with airfare and other incidentals. lol Too bad this is such an expensive activity. Isn't there anyone who knows Tiger well enough to ask him for a loan?? lol
  • 4/22/12
hahahahahahahah 
  • 4/22/12

Lol!!!

Just whip out that credit card!!! Granny has the food.. lol

Many we can win on the tables..

• 4/22/12
Granny,

You could also take in the Poker Night on Friday.

Poker with Tiger Woods: Want to play poker with the most famous golfer in the world, and win a chance to play golf with him? Ante up in Las Vegas this week; get the lowdown here.
  • 4/22/12
yeah.  I will write that 10,000 check to Tiger right now.  LOL  Its in the mail
  • 4/22/12
I thought you would like that .LOL.
  • 4/22/12

Sorry, Gal, no credit cards in my wallet. Well, there is one I use to keep the car running, but that's it.  Do you suppose Tiger would let us take turns taking care of Sam and Charlie? Not as much fun, but we would have the chance to see the concert and visit with Tiger. At least bits and pieces of the show. lol

• 4/22/12
It is strange how many celebrities are participating in activities/contests that are involving the fans. Not only golfers, but others as well. I guess I think that is that Tiger has not been one who seems to be willing to be out there like that.  
  • 4/22/12

My little girl would love that. She says she wants a sister or brother! Ha
she better start babysitting! Lol

Maybe we can wait tables! Lol

• 4/24/12
We can't sound too desperate, Girl. They will take advantage of us. lol That is not to say we just might be desperate. That can be our little secret. lol
  • 4/24/12

LOL LOL!!! :)

I really wish I could go to this event though! It seems like fun and plus it is for a good cause.

I will go and just tell you about it ! LOL

• 4/24/12
We'll all be looking for a 1,500 words or less report on that visit to Tiger Jam. lol
  • 5/1/12

Woods brought his annual Tiger Jam to Sin City this past weekend, with a star-studded lineup that included a poker tournament and concert. Believe it or not, this was his 15th annual Tiger Jam, and besides his shirt and the music of Jon Bon Jovi, there was nothing to complain about. Hear that haters? Nothing... To... Complain... About. I still await your comments though, because nothing short of the revelation it's actually Magic Eye artwork will allow me to appreciate that shirt.

Read More golfdigest.com/golf-tours-news/blogs/local-knowledge/2012/04/tiger-jam-2012-photos.html#ixzz1tdxunACD
  • 5/1/12

Interesting little snippit. The writer shared our opinion of Tiger's wardrobe selections. :0) Maybe my offer to make that Elvis costume should be amended to an offer to make some custon shirts. :0)

Hey, Neil Diamond, tell him about the shirts I made for you and Vince Charles!!!!!!!!!!

Tiger, Don't worry that we don't all appreciate your wardrobe selections. Everyone has their own preferences. 

• 5/1/12
sky,

i looked at the shirt again from the article posted by 03,

and hey.   i like it more now. 

go figure.

lol !!!

:-)