• Welcome Guest
Tiger Woods forum

• General
    • New Masters champion anybody but Mickelson
  • To: All
  • 4/7/12

Not watching the Masters telecast anymore.  Rooting for Hanson or Stenson to win.  Anybody but Mickelson.

Message 18381.2 was deleted
  • 4/7/12
I don't think either of them will win.
  • 4/7/12
Why not Phil? Phil winning actually gives Tiger more belief because if he can win at his age, then Tiger has many years to win Majors.
  • 4/7/12
I agree. I can't stand Phil, he is so egotistical and yet he fools the fans by acting all nice to them. To prove that he is a tool, a few years ago his peers voted him as the second most annoying player to play with only behind Rory Sabatini. I'm hoping for anybody but Phil tomorrow.
  • 4/7/12
They'll all be trying hard to give him a run for his money tomorrow.  I don't think anybody is going to make it easy for him.  Whatever the outcome is, we will go forward to the next tournament with Tiger.  To be honest, I'd rather watch Tiger losing and watch any other golfer play.
  • 4/7/12
  • kuki

THANK YOU

BECAUSE AUGUSTA BENT THEIR RULES AND

MADE THE GOLF COURSE ...........PHIL FRIENDLY.

• 4/7/12

How do you make a golf course Phil friendly? Explain to me that BS statement please.

Im a huge Tiger fan, but wouldn't mind Phil winning because he is exciting to watch.

I noticed this forums hate list of people are:

Phil - because he isnt afraid of Tiger, beats him heads-up and is very popular
Rory McIlroy - because he is the next big thing and gets too much attention from media
Adam Scott - because he hired the greatest Caddy ever
Faldo - for speaking his mind while commentating
Chamblee - for doing his job of stirring up discussions on the GC

The greates and biggest class acts ever are:

Fred Couples - for supporting tiger and picking him as captain pick
Mark O'Meara - for playing practice rounds with tiger despite not hearing from him for an entire year (2010)
Anyone who recently says something positively about Tiger

Just support Tiger, don't hate on other players because they get attention and beat Tiger heads up

• 4/7/12
Will probably still watch, but I agree. ANYBODY but Mickelson!!!!!!
  • 4/7/12
Alex......thank you for your post!!  Wonderful words of wisdom.  However, I doubt many others here will agree.  It's too bad, for Tiger would never say such things against another player!!
  • 4/7/12
Not watching the Masters on Sunday? Guess you're not much of a golf fan. Posts like yours signify a lot of what's wrong here. I'm planning on watching tomorrow from start to finish because the Masters is one of the greatest events in all of sport, let alone golf. The leaderboard is full of good players, and we'll see a lot of good golf played. Whoever wins, wins. If it's Phil, that's fine, but it's also fine if Hanson, or Oosterhuizen, or Bubba, or Stenson, or Kuchar, or Westwood win, or if someone goes low and comes out of the pack to win. Why be a hater? Seeing your post kinds makes me lean a little towards Phil, though...
  • 4/7/12
I can understand not wanting to watch the Masters anymore.
After Tiger finished today, I didn't see another player, shot or green.
Doesn't make anyone less a golf fan.
I love football, but if I don't like the two teams on TV, I don't watch.
Why watch if it's not going to be enjoyable ?

• 4/7/12
it's your perogative to watch what you wanna watch.

:-)

TIGER WOODS IS THE BEST!
  • 4/7/12
What a piece of work    (261) great guess Im Still laughing Bahahahabahahahbahahaha You are a funny guy Paul. Did someone take your candy away today
  • 4/7/12
Guess it was not a mistake in ID

Funny how easy to spot someone.

Edited 4/7/12   by  Paul_Sr
  • 4/7/12
   Posted by 500KR (sn-500KR) IgnoreeIgnored Message
To Paul_SrStop Ignoring sn-500KR
Posted 6:30 PMView Message
  • 4/7/12

There are several articles available for reading on the internet regarding Augusta National favoring left handed players. I am providing the link for one of those articles. However, if you google this statement: Is the masters golf course set up to favor left handed players?" you will find many other articles. In the article below Luke Donald among others says that following the revamping of the course to "Tiger Proof" it, the course is now set up to favor a left handed player. I know many on this forum have high regard for Luke so please take the time to read this article and any others you might find on Google.

www.nytimes.com/2011/04/06/sports/golf/06ongolf.html

And for what it's worth Adam Scott DOES NOT have the greatest caddy ever. He has a caddy. Period.

• 4/7/12
I read something along the lines on twitter where they said the course is set up in favor of left handed players.  I believe Rory is left handed too.
The course should be set up for every player to have a chance. I would anyone set up a course to keep one player from winning because they don't like him. They don't mind the money he brings in but, they don't want him to win.
This is where Tiger and his team needs to start speaking out.
  • 4/7/12
18 and shenlee,

i i knew i had heard it somewhere.   about the course being set up to favor

left handers, etc.

i don't know if Tiger should say anything about it to them, especially Augusta.

if they went so far as to do that,  i doubt his saying anything about it will have

an impact.  

but what i think he should do is win there again........ anyway.

and this i know he can do. 

:-)

TIGER WOODS IS THE BEST!

• 4/7/12
I think Rory is right handed. I just believe it is wrong to set up a course to favor one particular set of players over others. To actually go to the extreme of adding trees in strategic places which makes the course play easier if you are a lefty is simply wrong. Make the course as neutral as possible and let the chips fall where they may. I still say I wish Tiger would just skip the Masters next year all together. Let the boys in the green jackets figure out how to sell the sponsors on that little idea.