• Welcome Guest
Tiger Woods forum

• To: All
  • 2/12/12
I have asked this question to Bob Harig ESPN, ESPN corporate, Twitter, CBS etc. etc. and have not received not one e-mail or tweet, not one. Tiger recently won the Chevron PGA World Challenge. I repeat PGA World Challenge. LIKE IN PGA. Tiger played against PGA certified golfers and won over Zach Johnson with a birdy on 18. ESPN, CBS as well as those who appear to be critics of Tiger chose to play a blinds eye and not call the Chevron a win for Tiger. I am earnestly awaiting their explanation of "What is a PGA Tournament" particularly when it is called a PGA Tournament. If the PGA does not want to recognize tournaments other than majors, let us viewers know. Out side of Skins Games, Pro-Ams, Club and Cup Play, I can't see how a PGA named tournament is no longer a PGA tournament. Right now the all and powerful MEDIA are trying to stop us from calling it a win for Tiger? They have victimized enough people in the name of establishing their rules. Not going to happen in my book! To those critics of Tiger, regarding QUALITY of tournaments, I'll take the Chevron World Challenge over this week’s Pebble Beach pro-am Circus.
  • 2/12/12

Because it wasn't a full field event. It wasn't open for participation by all Tour pros and wasn't part of the FedEx Cup, which is the PGA Tour's crown jewel. It also took place during what the PGA Tour recognizes as the offseason. The main thing is can you consider an challenge event with only 18 players an "official" win when every other official tournament has at least 100 players?

None of that's to take away from what Tiger did because it was encouraging. He executed the shots and putts he needed to win down the stretch then.

• 2/12/12
AND not to mention Tiger also get a check for 1.2mil , that a whole lots more than the 1st place winner at Abu Dhabi ,Dubai and the  Aussie open  put together!
  • 2/13/12
Was it called "Chevron PGA World Challenge"?  I just looked at pgatour.com's list of tournaments and saw it with the name "Chevron World Challenge".  Also, there was a "#" mark next to the name denoting that "Event not cosponsored by PGA TOUR".
  • 2/13/12
You are correct......it was a WGC event not a PGA Tour event.  In any event......a win is a win and deserves all the accolades associated with it......
  • 2/13/12
Thanks! I appreciate all the posts to my confusion. I just know that I saw Tiger sink a birdy put on 18 and win over Zach Johnson. For them to use the term you haven't won! Simply Is not correct. Still seeking a particular win, I can buy. MANY on Tour are doing that.  
  • 2/13/12

Believe Tiger corrected someone during his presser last Tuesday....when someone stated he'd gone 2+ years without a win.....Tiger quickly responded "I did win the Chevron"......

Messages 17473.8 through 17473.10 were deleted
  • 2/14/12
So what are you saying?
Message 17473.12 was deleted
  • 2/14/12
Don't be Mocking one of my favorite Movies.
Message 17473.14 was deleted
  • 2/14/12
Cut and paste this address if you wish. In response to why I said PGA win. Some can categorize till the cows come home, my only argument is that it is a PGA win. ://www.pgatour.com/leaderboards/current/r478/  by the way this sight won't allow ht-p so anyone going to that address must add the prefix.  

Edited 2/14/12   by  docc (docc1)
  • 2/14/12
Docc - he's our resident troll that changes his username daily, he even creates 2 or 3 names and will post to himself on the same thread so it appears that someone agrees with him.  For some reason he harrasses gammasus and many others.  We have all reported him and will continue to until corporate investigates much like Phil is trying to do now.  Best thing to do is go to options and in the drop down window put him on ignore.  I noticed that this is your 8th post, be aware that he will tell you that you know nothing about golf even though he doesn't know you at all.  He is a Tiger hater trying to disrupt our community of fans but we are diehard fans and the site is monitored, usually deleting his messages as soon as it is determined that he is the one in the same.  NOTHING he has said will chase Tiger's true fans from this site.  I truly pity the man, he must be miserable in his life to constantly be on this site disparaging fans and Tiger alike.  He must be a lonely, lonely man and ANY contact or inter-action is what he is looking for.  How unfortunate for him!

Edited 2/14/12   by  PaddyE21
  • 2/19/12
Paddy Thanks so very much for giving me a heads up. Love the site, and you can be assured nothing can discourage me. I am in very much agreement with your thoughts of this person, but unfortunately idiots are born every day. Thanks again, doc 
Message 17473.18 was deleted
  • 2/20/12
Your welcome Doc......we're just trying to be a community of friends that get together in support of Tiger.  Welcome aboard!