• Welcome Guest
SNY Fan Zone Forum

• To: All
  • 12/28/10
  • MrMet

This deal is about as dumb a deal as I can ever remember one GM making. First off Hu could have been had this spring for nothing he's out of options and the Dodgers weren't about to make a place for him on their 25 man roster. So Sandy does everyone but the Mets a favor. Michael Antonni isn't about to be mistaken for Cy Young anytime in the near future but he is exactly what the Mets 25 man roster didn't have yesterday and today is 1 LHP short of finding one.

Michael was at least a left hand arm. He enjoyed some limited success through AA but was hit pretty hard in AAA ball in two short stints at Buffalo in 09 and 10....What this young man always showed was his ability to stay in a game. He has maintained over a six inning plus average per start through out his minor league career. On a team like today's Mets that alone should have been reason enough to hold onto him through next Spring Training.

Hu, is another minor league shortstop who signed with LA back in 2003 as a non-drafted free agent from Taiwan. Hu, was out of options and would have been granted "free agency" if requested if the Dodgers didn't take him to LA next April. So here Sandy did everyone in LA a great big favor. For a first trade it's a minor disaster, only because it's a minor league trade. From the Mets view it could certainly have been part of the Major Disaster that seem to be evolving during the short span of the Alderson GM-ship as another very serviceable left hand pitcher bites the dust. I'm beginning to believe Sandy doesn't like LHP. First it was Michael O'Connor who was released, then Takahashi was allowed to walk, followed by Feliciano, (O'Connor was re-instated following Feliciano walking) now it's Antonini to LA.

....The move leaves the Mets without a LH stater at AAA and possibly as many as three shortstops. So is there a "plus" anywhere here ? YES ! Sandy answered that question to him during his Press Conference where he said he would be actively seeking Oriental ballplayers...At least Sandy remains politically correct.  

• 12/28/10
Mrmet, you have to think that Chin-lung Hu is going to be a utility player for the Mets in 2011. And we don't need a lefty Mrmet, we have Perez.lol I know one thing for sure. When Chin-lung Hu comes up to bat his song should be "who are you" who? who? who? who? lol
  • 12/28/10
  • MrMet
O....Only if Sandy believes in " you can never have enough short-stops"...lol..Emaus, Valdespin, Hernandez, Tejada and now Hu ? LOL....If we suggest Tejada is heading to AAA where are the rest going ? Emaus either makes the club or is returned ? So where does that leave Hu ? and I haven't mentioned Murphy or Castillo. Whether it's a utility role or a back-up for Short ...all I see is a lot of confusion in the middle of the infield after Reyes.
  • 12/28/10
.....Am I getting a sense that you think this move will not put us over the top?
  • 12/28/10
Mrmet, to bad they got rid of Jerry. Just think of how much fun he could have with all those infielders.LOL We need pitching and Sandy is stock piling minor league caliber infielders. Don't ask me?

Edited 12/28/10   by  ohhthepain
  • 12/28/10
  • MrMet
O...Of course there is always the possibility of Murphy ending up on second, winning the job...and having that loose cannon, we now have for a manager (Terry Collins, who raved about him when he was the LA farm director)  putting Hu (who) on first..lol 
  • 12/29/10
 Mrmet, are you trying to tell me that Chin-lung Who could be the first "Terrys guy"  of the Mets? If so then we realy might see musical chairs at first base once again.LOL
  • 12/29/10
  • MrMet

Otp...I hope not..lol...but yes, it is possible and if it happens the correct terminology I would suggest be .."TerrY being TerrY"....ROTFL..Hu was one of TerrY's favorites....lol...so I thought it might be noteworthy before one game is played to point out here the JerrY was not being picked on unfairly...LOL...This habit of playing favorites is as old as managing itself. I first coined it in this manner with "DaveY being DaveY" back in 86. His playing of Lenny over Mookie often confused me beyond reason. His policy that Mookie had to be platooned I never agreed with. Davey was correct "number wise" and then moving one one proved him absolutely correct. Lenny was not the Mookstra anymore the Mookie was.  

©   Prospero Technologies LLC.   All Rights Reserved.