not me, and I'll tell you why:
1. not-all-that-great video quality
2, difficult-to-understand announcers --audio usually isn't all that great, and I can't hear/understand who in the heck is skating and where s/he/they are from
3. nothing in writing flashed on the screen giving the name of the competitor, name of coach and title of music
4. no coverage of kiss and cry and scoring
5. no results on screen. As a casual viewer, I'm not going to bother to attempt to match up a name I most likely didn't hear anyway with a list that isn't easily and immediately accessible.
6. the skating's usually not all that great for all of the above trouble.
Would much rather have seen Finlandia and the other competitions from this past week and weekend!
I think it's exciting that Carly Gold, Gracie Gold's sister, was 2nd in Senior Ladies at Upper Great Lakes. I hope that she will do well at Midwesterns and qualify for Nationals. Wouldn't it be fun to see her and Gracie competing against each other?! I think this would get covered on the network television broadcast, at least I hope so, since it's a good story. I'm pretty certain that Michelle and Karen Kwan competed against each other, but I'm not sure of the last time sisters competed at the Senior level. It would be marvelous if both Gracie and Carly could medal at Nationals, because then the sisters would be doing Internationals (and possibly Worlds, depending on the color of the medal). On another thread on this forum, I predicted that Gracie Gold will win Nationals this year.
We are all partying here because one of the lovely young women from our skating club qualified for Midwesterns Sectionals (Novice Ladies). YAY! A very deserving young lady who has worked hard since she was a toddler and has grown up into a beautiful skater. Good luck to all Sectionals qualifiers!
One of our skaters was just below yours...unfortunately she's an alternate to sectionals so our club isn't celebrating quite as hard!