• Welcome Guest
Tiger Woods forum

• General
    • New Masters champion anybody but Mickelson
  • 4/7/12
Not watching the Masters on Sunday? Guess you're not much of a golf fan. Posts like yours signify a lot of what's wrong here. I'm planning on watching tomorrow from start to finish because the Masters is one of the greatest events in all of sport, let alone golf. The leaderboard is full of good players, and we'll see a lot of good golf played. Whoever wins, wins. If it's Phil, that's fine, but it's also fine if Hanson, or Oosterhuizen, or Bubba, or Stenson, or Kuchar, or Westwood win, or if someone goes low and comes out of the pack to win. Why be a hater? Seeing your post kinds makes me lean a little towards Phil, though...
  • 4/7/12
I can understand not wanting to watch the Masters anymore.
After Tiger finished today, I didn't see another player, shot or green.
Doesn't make anyone less a golf fan.
I love football, but if I don't like the two teams on TV, I don't watch.
Why watch if it's not going to be enjoyable ?

• 4/7/12
it's your perogative to watch what you wanna watch.

:-)

TIGER WOODS IS THE BEST!
  • 4/7/12
What a piece of work    (261) great guess Im Still laughing Bahahahabahahahbahahaha You are a funny guy Paul. Did someone take your candy away today
  • 4/7/12
Guess it was not a mistake in ID

Funny how easy to spot someone.

Edited 4/7/12   by  Paul_Sr
  • To: All
  • 4/7/12
   Posted by 500KR (sn-500KR) IgnoreeIgnored Message
To Paul_SrStop Ignoring sn-500KR
Posted 6:30 PMView Message
  • 4/7/12

There are several articles available for reading on the internet regarding Augusta National favoring left handed players. I am providing the link for one of those articles. However, if you google this statement: Is the masters golf course set up to favor left handed players?" you will find many other articles. In the article below Luke Donald among others says that following the revamping of the course to "Tiger Proof" it, the course is now set up to favor a left handed player. I know many on this forum have high regard for Luke so please take the time to read this article and any others you might find on Google.

www.nytimes.com/2011/04/06/sports/golf/06ongolf.html

And for what it's worth Adam Scott DOES NOT have the greatest caddy ever. He has a caddy. Period.

• 4/7/12
I read something along the lines on twitter where they said the course is set up in favor of left handed players.  I believe Rory is left handed too.
The course should be set up for every player to have a chance. I would anyone set up a course to keep one player from winning because they don't like him. They don't mind the money he brings in but, they don't want him to win.
This is where Tiger and his team needs to start speaking out.
  • 4/7/12
18 and shenlee,

i i knew i had heard it somewhere.   about the course being set up to favor

left handers, etc.

i don't know if Tiger should say anything about it to them, especially Augusta.

if they went so far as to do that,  i doubt his saying anything about it will have

an impact.  

but what i think he should do is win there again........ anyway.

and this i know he can do. 

TIGER WOODS IS THE BEST!

• 4/7/12
I think Rory is right handed. I just believe it is wrong to set up a course to favor one particular set of players over others. To actually go to the extreme of adding trees in strategic places which makes the course play easier if you are a lefty is simply wrong. Make the course as neutral as possible and let the chips fall where they may. I still say I wish Tiger would just skip the Masters next year all together. Let the boys in the green jackets figure out how to sell the sponsors on that little idea.
  • 4/7/12

Golly you folks are getting so off line!!!  There are SOME holes at Augusta that do have better site lines for a left handed player.  It is not designed to FAVOR a lefty.  Just the design. 

Rory McIlroy is RIGHT handed.  If you would watch him play you would know that!! 

Tiger has one the Masters 4 times......3 times since its redesign.  Only three left handers have ever won the Masters since it began in 1934.  Mickelson, Weir and one other who's name is not familiar to me.

• 4/7/12

I am not the person writing these articles nor am I the professional golfer playing at Augusta National who is making these statements. As for Tiger winning the Masters, he has only won ONCE since the redesign of this course which was completed following the 2002 Masters which Tiger won.

And I KNOW that Rory is right handed. Beat thought he was left handed and I corrected Beat. Again, I was merely pointing out that many commentators and the players themselves have stated unequivocally that the course following the redesign favors left handed players. I made this statement in response to the fact that Alex stated it was BS. Obviously there must be something to this or the entire golf world would not be discussing it. I maintain that major golf courses should be set up in a neutral fashion which should favor neither a right hand or left hand player and I stand by my statement.

• 4/7/12
According to the article the course was changed several years ago and since the change half of the winners have been left handed with Phil winning 3 times.
I don't watch Rory play because I'm not a fan. I couldn't give a shoot'n shinola about Rory.  I thought I read that he was left handed. If he's not, he's not. I don't care.
  • 4/7/12
I maintain that major golf courses should be set up in a neutral fashion which should favor neither a right hand or left hand player and I stand by my statement.

THIS
  • 4/7/12
I maintain that major golf courses should be set up in a neutral fashion which should favor neither a right hand or left hand player and I stand by my statement.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

i agree.   especially majors.   

but i will say this.

there are some courses that are set up to favor right handers, etc.

but to purposely change the course and say it is being Tigerized,

and then to make holes favor left handers, is suspect to say the least.....

if that is truly the case.    i would have to have more info on this.

TIGER WOODS IS THE BEST!

• 4/7/12
The Master set it up for lefties as another way of Tiger proofing it.
  • 4/8/12

When Tiger set the Masters record in 1997, he drove down the right side on holes 2, 7, 11, 15 and 17, thus getting a very good angle and level lie into the green. He did similar strategies in 2001 ans 2002.  At that time, 13 was much shorter, thus the angle to get to the flatter part of the fiarway could be hit easily with a three wood. It is much easier to hit a controlled draw with a three versus a driver. Yest it is easier to hit a high cut with a driver.

ANGC added 2 inch rough and many trees down the right sides of the above mentioned holes and added much length to 1, 2, 8, 10, 11, 13, 15, 17, and 18th hole.

These changes forced all golfers to draw the ball more on these holes and play the holes farther to the left.

Anyone that plays golf today knows that a draw is harder to hit consistently versus a fade or cut. Left handers can hit a fade on these holes easier than right handers can hit a draw. It is also unfortunate that Tiger has had the normal missed shot to the right for many years. It's just this year that he is changing that miss.

These changes (narrowing of fairways with rough and trees) seemed to go against Bobby Jones original concept with the Masters - very wide generous fairways, but strategies  requiring correct angles into the greens. As they say, it is a second shot course.

It's interesting that these changes were done after Tiger scored so low on the hollowed grounds of ANGC; but the changes were not done after Ray Floyd tied Jack's record in 1976.

Message 18381.28 was deleted
  • 4/8/12
Why wouldn't it be enjoyable? I understand that Tiger isn't in contention, but it's THE MASTERS! If you're not going to watch, it does indeed make you very much less of a golf fan. If you don't get that, then you're really not into golf all that much.
  • 4/8/12
Anyone but Phil on Sunday!!