• Welcome Guest
Tiger Woods forum

• 12/10/11
Brilliant submission, thanks Sch.

Tiger, that is another cool block to build yourself.
Dropping the club ain't really cool.

Now, that is the kind of intelligent post we need here!

Cheers

• 12/11/11

While I can appreciate your concern, I can tell you you will need to send this message to several other golfers. I just spent the last 4 days watching the Dubai tournament. I watched Wee Mac (Rory McIlroy) drop his club at least 6 times during those 4 days. I see countless players do this when they have hit a bad shot----not just Tiger Woods.

As a lousy golfer but someone who loves the game, I can tell you that I have actually done that before myself. I certainly didn't think about it at the time it just was a natural occurrence of the crummy shot I had just hit.

Message 17132.31 was deleted
  • 12/12/11
Hi vg.......yep, 2 so far!  We'll see if it escalates......DK is really whacking the mole right now!  THANKS DK!!
  • 12/12/11

While you may see others do the same keep in mind that I am a Tiger fan not a fan of the other guy.

Tiger  worked hard to be the golfer he was and is almost back to and if he is going to act in a "classless" way then he is no better than those others you saw this weekend.

Tiger was a class act on & off the course his first 9 yrs on tour... there is no reason he cannot work at being that way again.(.By the way he rarely did "classless" things on the course when his dad was watching)...Anyone can throw clubs & swear BUT only the best of em can show class when things go awry..I want the guy I've been rooting for since he was in college, to be that guy again.

• 12/12/11
Understand.
  • To: All
  • 12/12/11
Hi All,

AUTOGRAPHS:

Tiger signs plenty autographs.   He's also very personable. 

However, while he is playing a tourney, he has his mind

on the game.   The best time to get autographs from Tiger

is during the pro ams, (if he plays in them) a day or two

before the tourney starts.

DROPPING THE CLUBS:

I don't like it when Tiger and other golfers drop the clubs.

It seems like something that has become prevalent within

the past few years.   Not only is it a negative example to

the galleries and to those watching on t.v., but it can also

be dangerous to the galleries and to the golfer as well.

Neither do I like the slamming of the clubs, nor the use of

profanity.   But yall already know that.  MASHED POTATOES!!!!!

love it!!!   :-)

BOBBY KNIGHT:

CC, you have described Bobby Knight as a nice guy and

also as someone who has been a great encourager to the

students in the basketball program.   But the throwing of

chairs, which I have seen from news clips, IS JUST NOT

COOL AND IS ALSO VERY DANGEROUS!   I HAVE

NEVER LIKED THE THROWING OF THE CHAIRS.

that's all folks,

:-)

• 12/13/11

With all due respect, that's not a valid reason to dislike a guy. He made a poor judgement like we all do sometimes. Nobody is perfect. He made a bad decision. That doesn;t change the fact that he has done so many other great things both on and off the court. I do know that he regrets that moment and if he had the chance to do it over again, he said he wouldn't even think about doing it.

For the same reason we have still supported Tiger for some of the things he's done is the same reason I have still supported Bobby Knight. One poor decisions shouldn't change the way you think of someone. Both men have done some incredible things for youngsters behind the scenes that detractors just don't understand.

Again, just my opinion.

Edited 12/13/11   by  coltcub64
  • 12/13/11
But the throwing of chairs, which I have seen from news

clips, IS JUST NOT COOL AND IS ALSO VERY

DANGEROUS!   I HAVE  NEVER LIKED THE THROWING

OF THE CHAIRS.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hi CC,

never said i did not like Bobby Knight.   :-)

above, in green, is what i did say.  

also, i never knew it was a one time thing.

i thought he repeated that behavior on more than one

occasion.

:-)

• 12/13/11

DEAR  SHRECK,

Are you equally as outraged at other golfers doing the same thing (more often)?

I can't believe all the (true) Tiger fans wasting time trying to give you an intelligent response (to such insanity).

FOR THE RECORD . . . "the guy who can hit the bad shot, and show no emotion, is not the classiest one out there". . . (he is the security guard) !!

TIGER WOODS is free to drop his club, frown, roll his eyes, jump up and down, and scream to the top of his lungs (on EVERY hole; EVERY day; in EVERY tournament  (if he needs to) !

By the way, did you see the FIST PUMP (on 18) at The Chevron (LOL) ??

YOU HAVE THREE (3) OPTIONS:

#1 >Don't watch Tiger

#2 >Repeat #1

#3 >Repeat #2

LOVE YOU TIGER . . . always have . . . always will.

eyeofthetiger

• 2/10/12

It's a shame you never played golf  or are just plain unfamiliar with the proper rules of etiquette ,Eye of the Tiger.

Learn the right way and you will see why the majority of  true golf fans agree with me.

See if you notice a change as I have already seen less negative antics today .

• 2/10/12

how you feel about bobby knight, i feel about jim tressel. ironic that both have ties to ohio state. add woody hayes to the mix, and just as upt remembers knight throwing the chair, many people remember hayes for punching an opposing player, which led to his firing.

• 2/10/12
OMG. I just read this post. Sorry I guess I was out of the loop during that time. First of all I love that you addressed it to Schreck. Second, I absolutely love the part about 3 options. I was laughing so hard the water I was drinking came out of my nose. You really need to think about a career in comedy. I know I would pay to watch you perform EYE. You absolutely CRACK ME UP!!!!
  • 2/10/12

HEY SHENLEE,

LOL (thanks) . . .

Where were you, girl; that post of mine was written during the Christmas Holidays . . .

(when I was in a GOOD MOOD).

I love to laugh; and I am just getting warmed-up with these KNUCKLE-HEADS!

When it comes to OUR TIGER . . . don't get me started . . . (don't EVEN get me started).

By the way; you're pretty funny yourself.

LOVE YOU TIGER . . . always have . . . always will . . .

eyeofthetiger

Message 17132.43 was deleted
  • 2/10/12
Looks like both TW hater trolls are English Teachers or English Police.
Message 17132.45 was deleted
  • 2/10/12

HEY THERE PAUL,

"Word on the street" is they are simply jealous of OUR TIGER . . .

I'm just sayn'

eyeofthetiger

• 2/10/12
The street never lies.............
Message 17132.48 was deleted